consumercreditinfo.org

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Following the progress on the Verizon case...

Today my service on both my cell phone and internet access was interrupted. I informed Verizon that this constituted breach of contract. My cell phone bill was undisputed and paid in full on time. My dispute is only with the internet access line, which is a separate line and a separate device.

Within a few hours access was restored.

I received a phone call from Karen Milbrodt and a technician named Josh who want to blame my access overages on outdated VZ Access Manager software. So I complied with their request to install the updated version, which required a download of 17.6 MB at their request. The modified VZ Access Manager conceals from the user the daily and per connection upload and download monitoring. I also learned that Verizon has total access to be able to modify the amount of usage that is displayed, in accordance with whatever suits their billing needs. In my case, I watched as my usage was modified from 1.76MB at 8:05 a.m. to 1.61MB at 5:05 p.m.

Does anybody else see anything wrong with this picture?

Yes, my reflected usage was reduced, but the fact that they can modify the reflected usage at will is a little big brotherish, wouldn't you say? They claim to not be able to monitor the specific sites a user is browsing, but they probably can and do.

Later I would receive the following email:

Your Verizon Wireless Account Number ending with 9485-00001

This email is to confirm that your requested credit/adjustment has been processed. Your current balance is $1547.58, which includes credits/adjustments totaling $190.00.

Thank you for using Verizon Wireless.

I feel like I am winning the battle but losing the war.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Follow up. Verizon settled for the full amount before we got to court.

    By Blogger tomzgrl, at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home